[thelist] x-small

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 06:21:38 CST 2002

--- Peter <peter at poorbuthappy.com> wrote:

> >Hi,
>
> I'm a stylesheet simpleton, but I'm using font size
> x-small in my
> stylesheet. Seemed to work peachy (I use it because it
> allows resizing the
> font with the browser settings) but I got complaints from
> a mac user that
> on NN + Mac the font looks waaay to small.
> I don't want to do advanced css (I looked at the @ hack
> but didn't even get
> it), I just want a font size that looks good and resizes
> nicely in all
> browsers. What to do? It's important, it's for my
> portfolio...
Unfortunately there's only one way around this. Not to use
keywords.

<tip type="CSS font sizes" author="Lachlan">
Unfortunately, browser support for the CSS font size
keywords is poor, and your users will have greatly varying
experience with them. Pixels are the only reliable way to
style fonts, but if you must have resizeable text then the
only way to go is to use ems.
</tip>

HTH,
Lach