@import hack (was Re: [thelist] Form CSS styles)

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Mon Jan 21 06:30:46 CST 2002

At 03:51 AM 01/21/2002, Andrew Clover typed:
> > That's something I've come across in more than one browser and it also
> > applies to image url()s inside CSS.
>
>Yes, I think that particular problem is in all Netscape 4 variants.
>
> > I made the decision a long time ago that absolute URLs (based on the
> > webroot) are the way to go.
>
>Me too. Not so good for the poor chumps who don't have their site in the
>root directory, but still.

Yes, exactly. I'm one of those poor chumps who doesn't have my sites in the
root directory <ROFL>, although I can usually use the webroot approach for
my clients' site. I've gotten so used to using the absolute URL.

I wonder where we'll be with version 7 browsers. Let's hope they're even
more standards compliant and that version 4 browsers will have finally
disappeared.

Warmly,
Shirley

--