[thelist] Introduction + CSS sites with changeable designs.

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Mon Jan 21 08:14:29 CST 2002

The inner pages of my personal site at <http://www.mark.ac> offer three
layouts (for browsers that recognize CSS2 - IE4+, NS6+, Opera etc but
not NN4.x) and use this style switching feature. The control of these
styles uses PHP and cookies.

- Blue Slate (the default option)
- Classic (based on <http://www.harrumph.com> and
<http://www.textism.com>)
- Large Text (big ole' legible fonts).

Browsers that don't recognize CSS2 (i.e. NN4.x) get a much simpler
layout as the advanced CSS is linked using the @import method.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl>