[thelist] Best laptop suggestion for a programmer?

Chris Garrett chris at chrisg.com
Mon Jan 21 11:11:17 CST 2002

Hi Don,

> I am an ASP and ASP.NET developer. I am in serious need of a laptop for
> programming while mobile.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions on a laptop beefy enough to handle Visual
> Studio, SQL Server, etc so I can do dev work while on the road?

I reckon memory and disk space are the main requirements so long as you are
on a good pIII or compatable, 512mb ram a minimum for both VS AND SQL/MSDE

Last week I borrowed a clients 256mb dell and it was quite nice, my HP with
128mb ram chugs like a lame hippo.

Chris

--

NEW ARTICLE:

Simple Web Service with Notepad
http://www.RealWorldASP.net

Don't miss the news! - Sign up for ASP/.NET Newsletter:
http://www.aspalliance.com/chrisg/subscribe.asp