[thelist] msxml

Tab Alleman talleman at RealMetros.com
Mon Jan 21 11:45:37 CST 2002

grrr, ok I just created a new Win2k server, and migrated some scripts
over to it from my development machine.  The scripts use the msxml
object.  Friday the msxml object wasn't working.  Did some
setting-matching between the new server and my local (also a win2k
server) and got it working.  Now Monday morning comes and the object
isn't working again.  Nobody knows what could have changed on the new
server over the weekend.  I've been into the IIS settings and everything
looks the same.

What I'm really asking is when your msxml object keeps giving you an
"The system cannot locate the resource specified." xml parse error,
where do you start debugging it?

I know the .dll is there, and the inet users have permissions to it..
scripts and executables are allowed in IIS.  I know the object is being
fed xml, the same script still works on my local box.

Any ideas?