[thelist] Introduction + CSS sites with changeable designs.

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 22:17:40 CST 2002

--- Michael Efford <efford at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> which
> features a user changeable colour scheme that works via
> CSS, Coldfusion and
> cookies. I am looking for other sites that feature this
> "style changing" in
> order to compile a list for my students to gain
> inspiration and technique
> from. I think it will be an important area in the future
> of web design, in
> terms of accessibility and site functionality.
> So if anyone has links to sites that feature this in any
> form then please
> let us know.

I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned Paul Sowden's
style sweet switcher which he documented on ALA. You can
find the article about it at
www.alistapart.com/stories/alternate which you can see
implemented at ALA, and Zeldman.com and a heap of other
sites, as well as on Sowden's own site
http://www.idontsmoke.co.uk/ (note, on his site you have to
use keys to change styles... +/- changes text size, and the
number keys change styles - 0 removes all styles). I'm
working on my own php theme changer at the moment too.. it
will be available when I get everything working on my meo
site.

HTH
Lach