[thelist] Font Manager?

Jon Haworth jhaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 06:38:28 CST 2002

> I now have about three zillion billion fonts[1] installed on
> my PC. I cant cope anymore!
> I need a tool, preferably free (getting my boss to buy stuff
> is fiendish) where I can preview them all quickly and easily.
> Any ideas?

If you've got MS Word on your PC, it's easy - type some text, select it, and
go Format > Font. You can click on one of the font names, use the up and
down cursor keys to move, and the "Preview" window shows your text in the
font you've got selected.

If you're using Office 2k there's an option somewhere to "list fonts in
their own typeface", so you can preview them from the font drop-down menu.

Cheers
Jon