[thelist] [OT] networking W2k & Red Hat 7.2

Kristina Floyd kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 12:21:46 CST 2002

Dear list

  I'm hoping somebody out there can save my sanity and help me with
networking a Win 2k box and RH 7.2 (bearing in mind I am a complete
linux newbie!! - and thats an understatement!!)  :o)

The ISDN box has an ISDN card in and a network card - the W2K box has a
network card in.

I can ping either machine, I just can't manage to get the W2K box
online.  I'm using firestarter as a firewall, with masquerading enabled,
but I'm sure I'm missing something else.  I've set the gateway on the
W2K box with the IP of the linux box, but still nothing.

I will be 'Eternally' grateful to anyone who can help me with this.

tia
Kristina  - - who has no hair left  :o\