[thelist] One blowhard, hundreds of cubic feet of hot air

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Tue Jan 22 14:06:35 CST 2002

regards to why web companies succeed or fail.  I obviously feel that Mr.
Burns doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about and wish to
predicate my remarks based on that observation.  I find it very distasteful
when someone spouts off about things they don't understand and vehemently
try to make their case with information that simply isn't true.

I an attempt to not digress too far and not lower myself to the bashing
standard of the moron, (oops sorry), that does the bashing, I will make one
point and drop it.

M. Burns stated, a number of times mind you, that Amazon had a good business
model, and had the profits to substantiate it.  I argued at the time, that
Amazon had never posted a profit and wasn't forecasting to do so in a while.
that they M. Burns stated had earned a profit, in his best factual tone that
he could muster and continued to build his case using that (bogus)
information.   (I am not arguing whether Amazon has a good business model or
not, just that you can't argue a case using bad information).  I simply
point to the following news articles posted on a number of sites regarding
Amazon's very first posted profit.  Read it for yourself.

http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml;jsessionid=QR41IQN5Z3RV0CRBAEOCFEY
KEEARKIWD?type=businessnews&StoryID=534557
http://news.com.com/2100-1017-819688.html?tag=cd_mh

<tip>
Listening to those who shout the loudest, will not always reward you with
the most advantageous answers.
</tip>

Concerned Net Citizen

P.S.  I imagine I will get kicked for saying that the emperor has no
clothes, so 'Cheers' everyone. :)