[thelist] Update on "Update Query not running"

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jan 22 17:32:23 CST 2002

> the help pages talk about this being part of the Jet engine in
> Access.  Maybe the function doesn't work for ODBC drivers?
> (I think the two are separate, right?)

hi scott (sorry about the mixup)

> Undefined function 'StringFromGUID' in expression." error.

sorry, i don't know much about odbc

did you try yoursql in the access query window?  it works, right?

isn't there something in odbc that you can set so that it will basically
pass your sql through without parsing it?

weird

if it were me, now, i'd be ready to re-examine why i wasn't using a long
integer instead...

rudy