[thelist] Japanese Cold Fusion system

Moe Rubenzahl moe at maxim-ic.com
Tue Jan 22 18:37:52 CST 2002

We have a Japanese site which is completely static and want to
convert portions of it over to Cold Fusion. For our English site, we
run Cold Fusion and Sybase SQLAnywhere on a Solaris platform.

What do we need to do this? My guess is:

- Solaris Japanese language additions to support the character set
- Japanese Cold Fusion ($1500, I believe)
- Japanese character set additions to Sybase.
- separate hardware -- I am told it's not a good idea to run all this
on the same machine with the English system because of the different
character set.

But I have also been told English CF and Solaris and Sybase can do
the job -- that it is just a character set issue at the browser.

Anyone know about such things?