[thelist] Konqueror web browser questions

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 22:23:54 CST 2002

> It is an IT crowd. He is also very IT oriented and part
> of his business
> deals with Linux. (Therefore many of his clients do as
> well.)
>
> I guess my main question is whether or not a majority of
> the people using
> Konqueror would have their systems set up in such a way
> (as described below)
> so that it would crash when dealing with Flash. Or would
> they be more likely
> to "install Qt without OpenGL support".
>
> Does anybody have any thoughts or knowledge on this?

The perfect opportunity to convince him away from that
splash page! Especially since it's an IT aimed thing. How
many people in business prefer to sit through a splash page
rather than get right at the content? None. There's a
reason why big sites like IBM, and even flash related sites
like flashkit don't use flash splash pages - or any splash
pages at all. If he really really wants his splash page,
then you'll have to tell him that some of his linux
visitors will be inconvenienced.

Lach