[thelist] Browser usage stats

Andrew Clover and at doxdesk.com
Wed Jan 23 10:25:54 CST 2002

> I'm trying to add hidden input fields to a form on a layer using the DOM.

Oh. That's going to be tricky indeed, seeing as Netscape (and Opera, and
other older browsers) can't add elements to a page (other than adding
<option>s to a <select>, which isn't quite the same). Could it not be
rewritten to use a single hidden field with all the data in?

> I've tried using .innerHTML but it seems like a bit of a hack.

Indeed. innerHTML will work on Mozilla (and possibly Konqueror) as well as
IE; the standard way to do it would be DOM Core of course. But still, no
chance for N4. hm.

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com