[thelist] CSS problem

Jason Lustig lustig at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Jan 23 15:16:27 CST 2002

OK... so I'm designing a site, and I want the links to be *bold* when they
haven't been visited, and be normal when they have been. This is the css I'm
using for the links:

a:visited
{
    color: blue;
    font-weight: normal;
}
a:hover
{
    background-color: transparent;
    color: #330066;
    font-weight: inherit;
    text-decoration: underline;
}
{
    color: blue;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-decoration: none;
}

... however, it doesn't work like it's supposed to in netscape/mozilla (it
works fine in IE) -- waht it does is that if it's not been visited, it's
*bold*, and if it *has* been visited, it's normal, but if it has been
visited and you mouseover it, it turns into bold, and when you mouseout, it
goes back to normal... and taht's a problem.

I remember reading something somewhere a long time ago about how the order
of the "a:visited", "a:hover", and "a" blocks have something to do with if
your css is buggy. Can someone help me out with this?

--Jason