[thelist] CSS problem

Jason Lustig lustig at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Jan 23 16:02:04 CST 2002

>Try removing the font-weight: inherit from the :hover class.

Thanks, that got it to work! :D

--Jason

<tip type="forms and tables" author="jason lustig">

WHen you have forms inside of tables, be careful where you put the <form>
and </form> tags -- netscape/mozilla (and IE6, I think) will mess with your
tablerows! For example:

			my form
		<form action="something.php" method="post">
		<!-- your form, and lots of other table rows and cells... -->
		</form>

... this will put extra whitespace at the top and bottom of certain rows!
This can be really icky when you are dealing with a complex table structure.
The way I get out of this problem is simply to have the <form> and </form>
tags outside of the table entirely, like this:

<form action="something.php" method="post">
	<!-- table code and the form -->
</form>

... and it pretty much always fixes it. Otherwise it can screw your design
over on certain platforms and browsers.

</tip>