[thelist] asp and viewing client sessions. .

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Jan 24 00:11:23 CST 2002

At 08:45 PM 1/23/2002, Athena Janiszewski wrote:

>I thought of doing something today in asp and realized I had no clue how to
>do it, though I'm pretty sure it must be possible. I'm not sure exactly how
>to phrase it though I know exactly what I mean. . an example might suffice.
>k, everytime someone logs into my site i set a session variable with their
>userID. I'd like to embed a script in one of the administrative pages that
>displays how many people are currently logged in at any given time. .is
>there a way to find out how many sessions have been created? Is this just
>value stored in some obscure server variable structure??

Ah, the Holy Grail of ASP coding. Under performance monitor there is an
option to show number of Sessions. And I remember reading the Performance
Monitor or the COM Objects it talks to are available to ASP. So I would
think that this is possible. Never had the time to try.

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys