[thelist] httpd.conf

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu Jan 24 08:10:25 CST 2002

Noah-

It sounds like your server is running an archaic version of Apache (hence
the lack of the rather new apachectl app).  Have you tried explicitly
stating the path to the conf when you run httpd?  Like this:

httpd -f /path/to/your/httpd.conf

Also you might want to check to see if httpd is actually being handled by
inetd (/etc/inetd.conf).

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net