[thelist] Really weird ASP problem

Ben Phillips ben at inchima.com
Thu Jan 24 10:56:16 CST 2002

> Are we supposed to trim everything except our own replies?  Or are we
> supposed to trim up to the last reply (like your message which would be
> below with > marks)?  Or are we supposed to selectively trim the last
reply
> to contain only the relevant information (with or without the headers)?

I belong to another mailing list which has a rule that no more than 20% of
the mail can be a quote from another. While this can't really be set in
stone on an email mailing list, it is a useful guideline. Which I think I
may have just broken myself... but it does help keep down the repeated &
mostly useless text.

General rule of thumb is to only keep the stuff that is needed to refer to
from the original mail for yours to make sense.

Benji.