[thelist] FW: For formmail users: Anonymous Mail Forwarding Vulnerabilities in FormMail 1.9

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Thu Jan 24 11:12:32 CST 2002

Thanks for the heads -up, Shoshana. I used Matt's Form Mail on my first
website, and recently upgraded that to v. 1.9 because of the security
issues.  Now it looks like that's not enough either.

Interestingly (or annoyingly), I received a fair amount of spam recently
generated from someone else's form scripts (very possibly Form Mail).

My preferred formmail script of the moment is BnBForm, from
http://www.bignosebird.com, which allows logging and auto-responders. Of
course, there are about a half million other alternatives out there as well.

Regards,

Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
http://www.OnPointSolutions.com