[thelist] RE: multiple databases per app (was: storing connection...)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Jan 24 13:44:00 CST 2002

On Jan 24, Chris Blessing had something to say about RE: [thelist] storing...

>Well since you asked... ;)
>
>The main reason I separated them was for logical purposes... it makes sense
>to keep our products in one database and orders/accounts in another.  That
>way we can separately alter each without affecting the other one.  It's also
>much more organized and we can more precisely specify security settings per
>db.  But funtionality-wise it wouldn't matter if they were 1, 2, or 5
>databases...

... except there's no way to enfoce relational integrity between products
and productids in orders, right?

i'm sincerely curious.

or, are you copying product information from the product database to the
orders database when an order record is created?

thanks,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com