[thelist] Browser usage stats

info at webdisplays.com info at webdisplays.com
Thu Jan 24 14:29:01 CST 2002

>So as always, "it depends". I'm happy going pure-CSS for my personal
>projects, but for our company site at least, looking good on Netscape 4
>is still an issue. Damnit.
<tip>

One oft-overlooked style workaround is to simply compose and add reference
to a predominant external stylesheet of the .js variety. Since only N4
supports the old original javascript cascading styles which are generally
of equal versatility, IE will simply ignore them, while they will take
precedence over .css in a N4 rendering.

This workaround allows you to address many N4 specific js/css vs dom/css
rendering and element bugs. You can always use extra ids or classes on
alternate html elements to obtain similar results on both browsers.

</tip>

Phil Prescott
Webdisplays.com