[thelist] rewrite requests with IIS?

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Fri Jan 25 09:09:00 CST 2002

You can set the server to serve an asp page instead of the standard 404
error message. That asp page can include code so you can write your own
handler to parse the address and redirect as wished, or alternatively
suggest options for the pages the user may be seeking.

You can set up custom error messages through the admin console. Right-click
on your server and select properties, then take a look at the tab marked
"Custom Errors" (I'm guessing a little as the menus on my server are in
Swedish!).

Hope that helps.

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net