[thelist] rewrite requests with IIS?

joel joel at spinhead.com
Fri Jan 25 09:16:02 CST 2002

|> Is there some built-in ability for IIS to rewrite requests
|> and redirect them as necessary like apache's mod_rewrite?
|> I'm trying to avoid creating 87 different dirs with manual
|> redirection pages in them. =/
|>
|> Thanks!
|>
|> Chris Blessing
|> webguy at mail.rit.edu
|> http://www.330i.net

Never got deep enough into apache to know what mod_rewrite does, but IIS
has settings that might be what you're looking for.

In any site's properties, on the 'Home Directory' tab you can set the
location to 'A directory on this computer' or 'A redirect to a URL'
(haven't used the latter.) Also, you can set the redirection by headers
(WebSite | IP Address | Advanced button) and all HTTP requests to that
IP address will look at the URL requested, redirecting based on that
rather than (or in addition to) the IP address.

And if I missed your point completely, gimme more details and we'll see
what we can come up with.

[Thanks to Joshua Olson for the tip, which seems to be exactly what I
was looking for]

joel