[thelist] rewrite requests with IIS?

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Fri Jan 25 09:33:01 CST 2002

Hehe, error redirection.  We just launched our new site today and we're
missing a TON of old directories that people likely had bookmarked before,
so I need to take those people to the correct pages based on the URL.

mod_rewrite is a very powerful module for Apache that lets you specify where
a user should go based on where they went (i.e. if they went to
www.foo.com/~user/ you could rewrite them to members.foo.com/user/ if you
needed to).  You use regular expressions and the like to handle that kinda
stuff, very useful.

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net