[thelist] WinXP says goodbye to 640x480

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 11:11:01 CST 2002

> From: "Ben Phillips" <ben at inchima.com>
>
> True, but only in the same way that people are still using Netscape
> 2.0 out there - what will happen over time is that the *majority* will
> not be using 640x480. The decision by Microsoft to make it an almost
> redundant setting will certainly speed up this process.

granted, those who are just exploring screen settings won't find it,
but i don't think most factory installs on new machines come at
less than 800x600 (i know some do, but not most)...

which means those who *do* set it back to 640x480 *intend* to...
and i suspect they may not be deterred by MS hiding it...

dunno.... have to wait and see...

now i'm thinking of making a part three to my Real World Browser
Stats articles (http://evolt.org/article/list/20/2297/) from my latest
logs... see the progression from 1.5 years ago...