[thelist] bug in dhtmlab's HierMenus

Micah Freedman micahf at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 11:31:01 CST 2002

I'm working on a site where I may be using the HierMenus from WebReference's
dhtmlab (dhtmlab.com) and I'm having a problem in NN4 that I think is either
due to the HierMenus, or to some minor modifications that I may have made in
my particular implementation. I wrote to the developer, but the message
bounced twice, so I thought maybe someone here would know something about
it:

The staging site is at http://huc.edu/hucweb/

In NN4.x/PC, if you navigate to several different pages and then use the
back and forward buttons, Netscape hangs. (Note: for the most part, the
Level 3 pages are not built, so just navigate to the main links that you can
get to from the home page.)

I know NN4 is a lousy browser, and my instinct is to just drop the menus
from it, but I'm wondering if someone on this list might have some insight.
Direct replies would be great.

Thanks,

Micah

 Micah Freedman