[thelist] LindowsOS sneak preview -- it's not vaporware after all

N.D. navin_dhanuka at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 20:09:01 CST 2002

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/01/25/1811226

Conclusions
This is a beta and Robertson cautions that it is not expected to work
properly. I had many more problems with Wine than our anonymous tester did.
And while I wouldn't spend the $99 to get LindowsOS, he would. "Slick
installation, great Wine, very good integration," he says. But the fonts
need work. "Wine fonts look horrible (especially on the popup boxes) even if
you add your fonts to the X server." We both agree that the user management
needs to change, and Lindows needs to add more configurability -- if
Robertson is going for the Linux crowd, that is. If he's going for Windows
market share, then he needs to cater to the people who are logging in,
looking at the pretty KDE desktop, and wondering what to do next.