[thelist] from jsp to php: feasability

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Mon Jan 28 06:36:01 CST 2002

Hello all,

My turn to ask a question ;-)

We're currently running an intranet with Webpshere and JSP/Java servlet -
generated pages.

The continuous recompiling crashes the server every so often (more than once
a day) and my boss asked me to find an efficient replacement.

I of course told him about the less-pricey but reliable apache/php/mysql
solution.

The special toys we need are listed below. My question is, in a Windows
NT/2000 environment (and no, I can't have it changed to a linux, it's
big-company policy), which of these are feasible or not in your opinion and
if so, how would you do, o ye of immeasurable wisdom? (or, can you point me
to online resources, if need be?)

- unzip on the server (I have an idea that I could use a system request to a
dos command using pkzip)

- publishing from one server (the back-office) to the production server

- convert CSV/RTF to XML

- convert XML to HTML via XSL

- parse and modify/resave XML directly

I guess that's all.
Thanks for listening.

And no, I won't be able to do the research myself. We don't have the net at
the office. Sigh.

s t e f [ n o t a - b e n e . o r g ]