[thelist] Pop-up tricks Q

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Mon Jan 28 08:38:02 CST 2002

Hi:

I'm back in my company's web development team, so i'll be bugging
with silly questions :)

Here's the first 2 ofem:

1) Is it possible to remove "Microsoft Internet Explorer" or
"Nestcape" (etc) from page titles?. How? We've been asked to do it
on a couple of pop-up windows.

I haven't heard of anyone doing this - except by hacking the browser
itelf, but i'm talking from the development side of things - but i
thought maybe some of the geniuses here knows the trick.

2) What's the cross-plattform trick for making the pop-up window
appear on the center of the screen?

<tip type="Interation Design" author="mantruc">

When designing user profiles - or personas - you have to interview
people who fit in the audience type, and then remove their
eccentricities. Every one of us is too particular to become an
ideal design prospect, the average user does not exist and is impossible
to define, the best design profile is just in the middle.

More about interacition design and why it's currently so lame in
Alan Cooper's book "The Inmates Are Running the Asylum"

</tip>

--
Javier Velasco
Work - http://www.nurun.cl