[thelist] from jsp to php: feasability

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Mon Jan 28 09:59:00 CST 2002

> > The continuous recompiling crashes the server every so
> often (more than once
> > a day) and my boss asked me to find an efficient replacement.
> -- Just out of curiosity, why not precompile your jsp's?
> That might be the most efficient replacement no?

That is...

First we're on permanent redevelopment, so anyway recompiling all the
classes is tedious.
I'm beginning to think that java is not the most flexible language, webwise.

Second I'm a beginner in Java/JSP and the developer I work with (supposedly
he's worked on java for two years now) has never told me of precompiling.
I'm beginning to suspect that he doesn't know about it either. I'd be
grateful to you if you told me how you precompile your JSPs?