[thelist] how to link to a place inside a word 2000 doc?

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 13:30:00 CST 2002

Not positive if this is exactly what you're trying to do, but I just
tried doing this and it worked:

Open up your .doc document in Word; I'll use "Document.doc" as the
name of my document.
Scroll, arrow or click down to where you need the anchor point to
exist in the Word document.
Go to the Insert Menu and choose Bookmark. Name your bookmark
something; I'll use "test_bookmark" here.
On your web page, your hyperlink should be as follows:
Document.doc#test_bookmark

FWIW, I'm using Word 2000.

Also, you may need to make sure you have Word installed on your
server? I could be wrong here :)

--- Fortune Elkins  wrote: > hiya! > > this has to be possible, not
that the word help file will tell you. > . > . > > i need to create
an anchor point in a word 2000 doc and be able to > link to > it from
another html doc. however it appears that word will not > accept >
bookmarks in the form of #foo. for various dumb reasons to stupid >
to > explain, i can't save these docs as html. they need to stay in >
word. i just > need to be able to link to sections inside them from
an html page. > > how to? > > tia, > > f >

=====
Janet Nabring-Stager