[thelist] CD-Rom to run on mac and pc

maurice maurice at graciebarra.be
Mon Jan 28 17:49:01 CST 2002

I can't really understand what all the fuss is about.
I guess it takes a Mac to make a dual-format cdrom? Macs can read pc
formatted cds anyways.

Toast  5 on mac allows you to make two kinds of cds that will run on both
the mac and pc.
1st is the 'hybrid' which effectivly puts your files and folders on a cd
that both pcs and macs can read. I use this for example for pdf files (ie
files that both platforms understand)

2nd is 'custom hybrid' which allows you to select files for the pc part and
for the mac part seperately. Both will only see the files on 'their' part.
You can use this if you want to distribute a program or something platform
specific for both platforms (director files maybe?)
Magazines like computer arts use this format on their cover-cd pretty
effectivly.

Hth

Maurice