[thelist] menu system

John Bedard John.Bedard at trw.com
Tue Jan 29 14:18:01 CST 2002

Well, if you're using Hiermenus, just specify two different menu arrays with the same value for "left" and offset the "top" value for the second one to place it lower, thus "stacking" them.

As I see it there are only two potential problems. 1) in order to maintain proper spacing, you should specify your font-sizes in pixels (which is only a problem if they're really small, I guess) and 2) you may have layering problems. If the upper menu is "higher" than the lower menu, users may have to wait for the upper dropdown menu to clear to get access to the lower menu. If the lower menu is "higher", it might cover up the dropdowns from the upper menu.

All things to be cautious of and test for. Last time I checked, Hiermenus does give you control of the z-index parameter. I don't know anything about the other menu system you mentioned, but I'd be concerned about the same sorts of issues.

John
P.S. Why do you say in another message that Hiermenus would cost $1495?

>>> ahuka at ahuka.com 01/29/02 01:00PM >>>
At 09:27 AM 1/29/2002 +0300, ashok at magicalkenya.com said something
remarkably like (but somehow subtly different from):

>I always use coolmenus , yu can get it at http://www.dhtmlcentral.com or
>http://www.bratta.com , it works on all browsers and is cross platform...

Looks quite interesting, but there is something I could use some feedback on.

I want to implement something like this on a University site, but the
graphic designer would like a horizontal menu bar with 2 rows. Every
example I have seen only has one row. Is this possible? Any suggestions on
how I could do this?