[thelist] double space between sentences

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Jan 30 00:38:00 CST 2002

>At 17:51 2002-01-29 -0500, Erik Mattheis wrote:
>>I just had a request that I put double spaces between sentences
>
>Mind, doing it your way is not wrong, it just breaks the sought separation
>of design and layout from content.

Hmmm ... it would seem not to ... a space is content in my book. I'm
mainly just wondering if anybody knows if there are browsers which
will start a new line with a space if you use a   followed by a
typed space to create a double space.

At 1:27 PM +1300 1/30/02, Andrew Forsberg wrote:

>I can't think of a good reason for using it with online documents.

Well, if a client wants it, it's a good reason ... I plan to send
Aardvark's article tomorrow and see if they still want double spaces.

>Most of the type faces in use are of a good quality (thanks primarily
>to Microsoft's typographic efforts, I guess)

Uh, is this a joke? One of the things I've hated about Winblows is
the seemingly random kerning of the system fonts ... dunno, I've
assumed I've just gotten used to it - hasn't pissed me off lately,
perhaps Win 2K is better than NT4.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/