[thelist] using FileSystemObject and GetDrive for network dri ves

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Wed Jan 30 00:44:01 CST 2002

|> Since you mention the FSO, I'll assume you're on an IIS box.
|> Make sure the IUSR_* account has the appropriate permissions...

[ . . . ]

|> errors. i'm logged in as admin to a secure area, so it sees
|> my login permissions but it still won't let me do the
|> TotalSize and FreeSpace.

When Windows automagically authenticates in the background, it doesn't
actually pass the login and password to other network resources. It
merely passes along the fact that authentication has occurred, and
assumes that other network resources will trust it.

Some resources want a real username and password, none of that automagic
stuff. Try changing the auth type on the originating folder to 'basic'
(turn off 'anonymous' and 'Windows integrated') and see if that helps.
You'll get a login prompt, but then it should be okay.

joel