[thelist] showing/hiding a back to top link.

Olly Hodgson gnarly at gmx.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 13:11:00 CST 2002

Hi,

I want to put a "back to top" link into the bottom of my pages, that becomes
visible only if the page is taller than the browser window.

I figured that I could put it into a DIV, then use a JS trick to show/hide
the DIV as required. The thing is, I have no idea where to start with
JavaScript. Does anybody know of a way to do this?

BTW, it doesnt have to be /that/ well supported by the browsers. As long as
it works in IE5.5+ and NS6+, anything else is a bonus.

Thanks in advance,

Olly (who might make an effort to learn some JS one of these days :-).