[thelist] FLASH: Dynamic Loading of Images

LuxFX luxfx at dreamdynamics.com
Wed Jan 30 14:41:00 CST 2002

You can't...directly.  You can fake it though, it just takes some extra work
on your behalf, and you have to have everything set up beforehand (in other
words, the user can't select any image on the net and use that, he can only
select from options you give them)

All you need is to save SWFs that contain nothing but that image, and load
them through loadMovie().  Fireworks even lets you export an image to SWF
format (which also means you can batch a big set of images like this).

Now you can import the 'image', just think of it as being wrapped in a SWF
file.

If you do want to give the user the option of selecting any image and use
that, you have to get real complicated and use a PHP module like Ming that
can actually write SWF files.

-david