[thelist] Article: Recovering from Anonymous FTP Abuse

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Wed Jan 30 15:28:01 CST 2002

Here's what my experience has found (on IIS4):
* For each user, create a Windows NT account with a username and password.
You'll have to pay close attention to security to make sure these accounts
only have access to where they're allowed.
* Disable Anonymous Access for the FTP service.
* Under the ftproot directory, create a directory for each user, with the
folder name the same as the username. This folder will then automatically
become the home directory. To the best of my (limited) knowledge, there is
no way to change it.

Hopefully this will help.