[thelist] Powerpoint on the web?

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Wed Jan 30 15:58:00 CST 2002

I am soliciting ideas for incorporating Powerpoint presentations on the web.
I have previously taken the road of having the animations removed from the
slide show and then converting with the utilities from within Powerpoint
itself, to HTML format.  I had to then clean it up a bit.  Like removing the
left hand navigation menu and such to clean it up.

Problems:  The conversion utilities within Powerpoint, create a huge set of
files for a 12 slide presentation, (many MB's).  The code generated in the
web pages for the presentation is almost impossible to follow and edit
yourself to suit your needs.  The presentation takes a long time to load
through a non-broadband connection.

Brian