[thelist] Legalities of "borrowing" images

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Thu Jan 31 17:21:00 CST 2002

>A client wants the logo of a large corpration that they are partnered >with
on their web site ...
>So does this mean using the large corporations logo without express
>permission, on my clients web site is in violation of copyright law?

Yes.

If your client has partnered with the large corporation, they may have been
granted permission to use the logo in certain specific ways/instances. If
you check the partnering agreement, you may be able to find where permission
is granted. If not, either you or clients need to request permission to use
the logo.