[thelist] Legalities of "borrowing" images

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Thu Jan 31 17:56:01 CST 2002

> Is that still copyright violation?
>
> Should I stick to my guns, and say that we need permission for that logo?
> Permission will probably be granted, but I just want to do the right thing
> here and in the future. Or am I being too anal (sorry, can't think of a
> better word ;-))?

I don't think it would necessarily be a violation.  But, always cover your .
. . rear.  Just explain to your client that for both of your sakes, you need
to see that you have permission for the specific image you want to use.  (If
you make it sound like they could be sued for using it without the rights,
they'll probably be willing to make sure they have the rights to use it.)

Scott