[thelist] Need crash testers - beware, Win98 'freezes' when loading page!?

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Fri Feb 1 07:12:01 CST 2002

I've faced a similar problem before, and never got to the bottom of it...
Only a small % of the visitors were crashing on one page (and the page
varied from one visitor to another).
However, holding down the shift key while accessing the page stopped the
crash.

I contacted MS and asked what the shift key was doing. (As I was a IE beta
tester, I had good access to the IE developers.)  The shift key by itself
"officially" does nothing. Yet, it bypassed the problem...

The other thing that I know is that it's related to the javascript, but how?

Nicole