[thelist] Need crash testers - beware, Win98 'freezes' when loading page!?

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Fri Feb 1 07:53:00 CST 2002

> holding down the shift key while accessing the page stopped the
> crash.
> The other thing that I know is that it's related to the javascript, but
> how?
>
> Nicole

Perhaps that browser / OS combination has a buggy implementation of the
DOM, which you appear to be using to build the menu structure. In which
case, ask the user to upgrade their browser to a slightly newer version
to fix this (and other) browser bugs and security holes.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl>