[thelist] Window Attributes

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Fri Feb 1 10:46:00 CST 2002

Syed,

> In Windows environment, we double click the icon of a locally saved web
> page
> to open it. For such web page is it possible for JavaScript to control
> its
> window attributes (Toolbar, Address Bar etc.) when we open the web page
> by
> double clicking its icon. If it is possible then please tell me the JS
> code
> for this. I guess such script must be put in head section of the web
> page.
> Am I right?

    It is possible, but not in the way you describe. Instead, you must use
Windows Scripting Host. Many people have worthy security concerns over
leaving WSH enabled on their boxes, so you will need to determine your
comfort level with this approach.
    For the details, please see this message posted by Robert Hess from the
archives of the IE-HTML list.

http://microsoft.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-msn.exe?A2=ind0010C&L=IE-HTML&P=R
263

James Aylard