[thelist] Why code for standards

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Sun Feb 3 06:54:01 CST 2002

Over and over again, when talking to Israeli web developers, when I mention
standards, coding for standards, and using stuff like valid html and css, I
get a rather lost look, and the reply "why code for standards? It works in
IE5 as it is, so why bother making our new version of our CMS system we are
working on now generate valid code, and why get rid of font tags- they are
so convenient!"

Anyone have by chance some good answers or URLs to give those people, in
order to get them at least *consider* valid code as an option?

If you try to use valid code in your project- why do you do so?

Thanks,
Shoshannah Forbes
http://www.forbes.co.il