[thelist] Re: Browsers recommended for testing

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Sun Feb 3 13:03:01 CST 2002

> Still wondering what set of browsers others are using to test their
> sites. Does this list seem appropriate and sufficient?
> -- IE 5.5 Win
> -- IE 6 Win
> -- NN 4.7 Win
> -- NN 6.2 Win
> -- Opera 5 Win
> -- IE 5 Mac
> -- NN 4.7 Mac
> -- NN 6.2 Mac

We test on almost exactly the same list, but we add NN4.61, IE5.0 and Lynx.
I'm not saying what we build always works on all of them, mind you, but we
do test on these browsers!

I had a couple of occasions when there were differences between IE5.0 and
IE5.5, and between 4.61 and 4.76, mostly in handling CSS and div positioning
and stuff, so that's why we decided to keep one machine on IE5.0 and add
NN4.61.

BH