[thelist] Graphic header sizes

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 4 00:22:06 CST 2002

Hi aardvark,

I'm looking at a banner graphic and not the <h#>

Both of these are under 20K in file size, the smaller of the two (.jpg) is
just over 10K but I guess I'm looking at how the different browsers handle
the rendering of the graphic and how much information I can place on the
page without having to do much scrolling.  The .gif file is about double the
size (in px) of the .jpg taking up more space, so going to Netscape and it's
huge standard buttons, about 30% of the page is going to be the header
graphic.  But I don't want to go to small, at least not with this graphic
before the pattern and text in the pattern start to contrast each other to
much.

this http://www24.brinkster.com/webdad/images/sarjenheader1.gif opposed to
this http://www24.brinkster.com/webdad/images/sarjenheader1.jpg

Bob