[thelist] CF: FormURL2Attributes Bug/Question

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Mon Feb 4 09:47:00 CST 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [thelist] CF: FormURL2Attributes Bug/Question
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 08:51:54 -0600
From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
Newsgroups: evolt

Hey Frank -

What version of CF are you using?

This was an issue back with CF 4.5.1 - it wasn't returning all of the
apache CGI vars(which seems to be your prob). I ended up having to edit
and recompile the coldfusion module to have it recognize cgi.path_info
and a couple other vars.

by default, CF(on linux) is only configured to return:
AUTH_TYPE, CONTENT_LENGTH, CONTENT_TYPE, PATH_INFO, PATH_TRANSLATED,
QUERY_STRING, REQUEST_URI, REMOTE_ADDR, REMOTE_HOST, REMOTE_USER,
SCRIPT_NAME, SERVER_NAME, SERVER_PORT, SERVER_PROTOCOL, SERVER_SOFTWARE,
              REQUEST_METHOD, HTTP_REFERER, HTTP_USER_AGENT

from apache. so REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING for example, wouldn't be in the
CGI scope(or whatever its called) that CF returns unless you *manually*
add it and recompile the CF module. this, afaik, is a CF bug. or
'feature' if thats whatcha wanna call it :)

anyways, to answer your question, the Fusebox tag relies on the
REQUEST_URI variable so you'll have to add that enviornment variable to
the module and recompile it because at the time, CF didn't recognize
REQUEST_URI by default, although in 4.5.1SP2 and up, it does.

that may sound a bit wacky, but its early and i haven't had enough
coffee, shout if you have questions :)

.djc.