[thelist] A Different POV (was Coding for Standards & Conference Question) - long

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Mon Feb 4 12:03:10 CST 2002

> Hey Bill - as I read that, it summarises to "Certifies that you're
> following the
> standards you set yourself (and documented of course)"
>
> Is that right?
>
> Cheers
> Martin

I may not know for sure which part of my message you meant, but if I know,
here's my answer...

More like, "If you decide to be compatible with this stuff, you can do it
this way and you'll be compliant with this standard."

In order to meet ISO 9000 or 9001 requirements, the most important thing is
to decide on a quality system (i.e. a set of standards, procedures and
documentation) and stick to it. There are directives that state best
practices, etc. When there is a lack of standards, you write your own and
document why, then stick to the procedures that indicate how to meet the
standards.

There's really a whole world of quality control out there that we haven't
even approached. And it's not about getting registered, it's about everyone
agreeing on how to do thing and then sticking to the agreement so we can all
save money and time and make better stuff.

BH