[thelist] Graphic header sizes

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 4 13:48:01 CST 2002

> From: "Bob Boisvert" <webdad at tampabay.rr.com>
[...]
> Both of these are under 20K in file size, the smaller of the two
> (.jpg) is just over 10K but I guess I'm looking at how the different
> browsers handle the rendering of the graphic and how much information
> I can place on the page without having to do much scrolling.  The .gif
> file is about double the size (in px) of the .jpg taking up more
> space, so going to Netscape and it's huge standard buttons, about 30%
> of the page is going to be the header graphic.  But I don't want to go
> to small, at least not with this graphic before the pattern and text
> in the pattern start to contrast each other to much.

dunno what to tell you...  with no context (page, users, etc.), i can't
offer much input -- not that it would solve this anyway... it's really a
judgment call...

> this http://www24.brinkster.com/webdad/images/sarjenheader1.gif
> opposed to this
> http://www24.brinkster.com/webdad/images/sarjenheader1.jpg

well, the smaller one is muddier and darker... you could alleviate
that by resizing elements of it and fiddling with the borders and
shadows...